- It is essential that everyone who is in a
position to give your child food knows that he or she is on a special
diet and can only have food provided by you.
- Ex: teachers, bus drivers, school aides,
therapists, grandparents, siblings, friends, relatives etc.
the sources of gluten
- Gluten is hidden in many products and ingredients
and you may not immediately recognize it by reading the label.
can I find gluten and casein-free foods?
- The answer is: Health food stores, mail-order
sources and online--But one of the richest
sources with a great variety and a source that most people are unaware
of is the food found during the Jewish holiday of Passover. Why?
of the ease with which you can
determine that a food is gluten and casein-free.
- Passover is a holiday where Jewish people are
not allowed to eat any food that contains grains, with one exception:
Matzo. So, if you check the ingredients list and it does not say matzo
or it's by-products then you know it is gluten-free.
can be simple too. If you check some of your favorite
foods, you may find that there is a symbol that indicates if a food is
dairy-free (and thereby casein-free). This is because Jewish people
who observe the kosher dietary laws are not permitted to eat dairy and
meat products together at any time.
- Foods you may find availabe during Passover
- Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Cones
- Chicken Nuggets
- Canned Soups
- Chocolate Bars and other candies
- Cookies and Cookie Mixes
- Ready-to-eat Frozen Dinners
- AND SO MUCH MORE!